আজ তোমাদের জন্য Question-5 ও 6 নিয়ে আলোচনা করা হলো
17. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word in each gap. Everybody has some (a) _ about the street children of Bangladesh. The real picture of these street children is very (b) _ They are (c) _ . They have no (d) _ living or sleeping place. They sleep on street. Sometimes they (e) _ aimlessly on the street. Some of them push push- carts for earning their (f)_ . They are also found (g) on the street. They may have parents. But their parents do not take (h) _ care of them. They do not get any (i) _ to go to school. They are completely illiterate. Sometimes, they have to bear physical (j) _.
Answer: (a) idea (b) pathetic (c) shelter less (d) particular (e) move (f) livelihood (g) begging (h) proper (i) opportunity (j) punishment
18. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word in each gap. The British are very polite and gentle by (a) _ . They know how to (b) _ their emotions. They are also very (c) _ in their (d) _ with other people. They avoid (e) _ gossiping but they are very (f) _ . They are (g) _ . They are very (h) _ but they don’t like sudden arrival of anybody without (i) _ . They don’t miss any (j) _ fixed before.
Answer: (a) nature (b) control (c) reserved (d) behavior (e) unnecessary (f) considerate (g) punctual (h) hospitable (i) information (j) appointment
19. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word in each gap. Communication in Bangladesh (a) _ water-ways, roads, highways and airways. There are also various (b) _ of transport in the country. Of the various means of transport in Bangladesh water (c) _ is the most important. Steamers, launches, and country boats are the (d) _ water transport. These (e) _ people and goods from one place to another. Railways and highways connect all the districts of the country. Goods trains, trucks are (f) _ for carrying goods from one place to another. There are private and public bus (g) _ throughout the country. Besides these, rickshaws, baby-taxis, cycles and carts (h) _ through the streets in the towns and cities. Bangladesh airways are run by Bangladesh Biman. It offers international as well as domestic (i) _ through regular flights. All the important places of the country are connected with the capital city by air. Biman now (j) _ to many countries of Asia, Europe and Africa.
Answer: (a) consist of, (b) means (c) transport (d) common (e) carry (f) used (g) services (h) ply (i) service (j) travels
20. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word in each gap. Thomas Alva Edison was (a) _ in 1847 in Ohio, America. As a little boy he was very (b) _ . He always wanted to know how things were (c) _ . Very early in life, he showed that he was full of curiosity, a quality which is so (d) _ to inventors. In 1869, he went to New York where he (e) _ for some time as a telephone operator. But soon he became (f) _ in inventions. In a very short time they were his chief business. In order to (g) _ his business, which was to become his life’s work he built a laboratory at Menlo Park where he had gone to live. His first great (h) _ was a system of telegraphy. Soon afterwards he invented the phonograph, the first form of the instrument that we now know as gramophone or record (i) _ . By the time Edison Died in 1931, he had about a thousand (j) _ to his credit.
Answer: (a) born (b) inquisitive (c) done (d) important (e) worked (f) interested (g) carry on (h) invention (i) player (j) inventions Rearrange
1. Rearrange the following sentences to make a coherent order.
i) Bashir milked the cow and drank the milk.
ii) Ali was the younger brother and Bashir was the elder.
iii) Bashir grew fatter and Ali became thinner day by day.
iv) There lived two brothers named Ali and Bashir.
v) They inherited a cow that Ali grazed everyday.
vi) One day their father died.
vii) Bashir had to share the cow’s milk with Ali.
viii) The clever man whispered something into Ali’s ears.
ix) Ali started beating the cow just when Bashir was about to milk it.x) A clever man noticed everything.
Answer: iv+ ii+ vi+ v+ i+ iii+ x+ viii+ ix+ vii
2. Rearrange the following sentences to make a coherent order.
i) Alexander, the king of Macedon, crossed the khyber Pass and reached India.
ii) Then he came to the plain of the Punjab.
iii) Alexander was pleased with Porus for his bold reply.
iv) There ruled a king called Porus.
v) But unfortunately he was defeated in a battle.
vi) ÔLike a kingÕ was the reply of Porus.
vii) He was brought before Alexander.
viii) He wanted to attack the land of Porus.
ix) He showed his boldness before Alexander.x) He also made him king of another province in the Punjab
Copyright JaiJaiDin ©2020
Design and developed by Orangebd